Been wanting to check out the B&O Railroad Museum? Or how about the Sankofa Children’s Museum of African Cultures? Or maybe you want to stroll around Historic London Town and Gardens? This Saturday (September 18th), you can get FREE admission to those museums and 17 others in Maryland as part of Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day 2021 Celebration!
“With many public spaces being shut down for a year or more, Museum Day 2021 celebrates the reopening of museums after long closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Smithsonian Magazine in a press release. “This year’s theme, Experience America, represents the return to, and resurgence of, our country’s diverse cultural experiences, in the safest possible way.”
There is one catch: you need to download a ticket from Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day website before venturing to your museum of choice. Every valid email address may request and download one ticket. We also strongly suggest that you consult the website of your destination to see their latest health and safety precautions.
Here are the participating Maryland museums:
- Academy Art Museum
- Annapolis Maritime Museum and Park
- B&O Railroad Museum
- Baltimore Lithuanian Museum*
- Baltimore Museum of Industry
- Calvin B. Taylor House Museum
- Chesapeake Children’s Museum
- College Park Aviation Museum
- Hammond-Harwood House
- Havre de Grace Maritime Museum
- Historic London Town and Gardens
- Laurel Historical Society*
- Maryland Center for History and Culture
- Montpelier Mansion
- National Electronics Museum
- Riverside House Museum
- Sankofa Children’s Museum of African Cultures
- St. Clement’s Island Museum
- Surratt House Museum
- The Baltimore Museum of Art*
*Free every day!
Where will you head on Saturday? Leave a comment and let us know! We can’t wait to hear all about it.