Kennedy Krieger Institute will host its 17th annual, jungle-themed ROAR for Kids fundraiser this May! But they need you — and your kids — to help!
Due to the pandemic, the fundraiser will be held virtually again this year as a weeklong celebration that includes an in-person CARnival. Starting Saturday, May 15, and lasting until Saturday, May 22, families can join in for daily activities to raise funds for research and programs that help kids at the Institute. On the last day, the event will conclude with a virtual version of the traditional 5K road run!
This annual event is a huge fundraiser for Kennedy Krieger and has raised more than $3 million since its inception in 2005. All proceeds from the event will help raise much-needed funds for research and programs at the Institute.
Here’s what participating families can expect:
- On Saturday, May 15, families can participate in Kennedy Krieger’s first ever ROAR Drive-Thru Celebration! Drive by to grab your ROAR swag bag filled with Chick-Fil-A free sandwich cards, a one week family membership at Acac gym, and so much more! (You can check out all of the ROAR swag bag donors here)
- Throughout the week, you’ll be able to participate in unique virtual event experiences, filled with yoga, and animals, and more, oh my! They can’t wait to show you what they have been working on with the National Aquarium, Maryland Zoo and other nonprofit partners.
- On Friday, May 21, participants can tune into the ROAR Pep Rally to get ready for the big day! Think fun games, testimonials, and more.
- Finally on Saturday, May 22, everyone will ROAR together from wherever! Saturday morning kicks off a Virtual Race with a fun virtual experience, including the Mascot Challenge!
Here’s how you can help:
- Register. Register to ROAR for kids as a Virtual Participant. Kids under 4 are FREE, kids ages 4-12 are $20, and adults (all those over 12) are $35.
- Donate. Donate to the general Kennedy Krieger Institute team, a specific program or team, or an individual’s participant page.
- Share on Social Media. Share how you ROAR on Facebook or other social media platforms using #ROAR4Kids
- Join the ROAR for Kids Facebook Group. Want to connect with your teammates and get even more out of your ROAR? Click here to join!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get ready to REALLY ROAR! Register your family NOW!
Editor’s Note: This content is sponsored by Kennedy Krieger Institute who wanted to get the word out about their super cool event!