A few holiday seasons ago, we published this recipe by Baltimore mom Lauren Carpenter. With our focus on comfort food this week, we thought we would re-share it!
Asian Pork Dumplings are a particular favorite for Lauren, who loves making them with her own kids. Don’t be intimidated and get your hands messy. “They’re really easy!” she said.
Perfect recipe for getting the kids into the kitchen and whipping up a little weekend deliciousness!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 3 tbs grated ginger
- 2tbs sesame oil
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 bowl of water
- Mix all ingredients except water together in a mixing bowl.
- Lay wonton wrappers out flat on lined baking sheet. Place a heaping teaspoon of filling in each.
- Place finger in water and run it around the edge of the wrapper, fold and press to seal. Repeat.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Place dumplings in the skillet and cook until the bottoms are golden brown. At this point, add 3-4 tbs of water, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Equipment to grab before you get the kids in the kitchen: mixing bowls, lined baking sheet, latex gloves (well, because it’s just more fun to get your hands in there), skillet with lid or foil to cover, and spoons.