The American Visionary Art Museum’s year-long special exhibit “PARENTING: An Art Without A Manual” is an exhibit that fully embraces art imitating life… After all, their visionary artists are self-taught and we’re pretty sure all parents classify themselves as self-taught, too.
But even the best self-taught artists have inspiration.
In the spirit of parenting inspiration, AVAM is presenting their very first conference for… parents.
With generous underwriting by the Chicago-based Reva and David Logan Foundation with special thanks to Dan and Gloria Logan, parents can attend the “Logan Visionary Conference: the Art of Parenting” on Sunday, March 24th from 1 PM – 4 PM. Participants will hear from a world-class array of inspirational expert presenters and scientific researchers in the field of family wellbeing, child trauma, and positive parent and child attachment.
Of course, questions are encouraged — because none of us really have this whole parenting gig entirely figured out!
Best part? It’s FREE.
“Parenting is truly a democratic art,” says Rebecca Hoffberger, founder and director of the American Visionary Art Museum. “The poorest and least formally educated among us might excel at the wise care and loving nurture of their children in ways that might elude some of our wealthiest and best formally educated. This conference aims to inspire well-informed parenting best practice, honest dialogue, and a better way forward.”
The conference welcomes respected parenting and family wellbeing experts, including:
- Dr. Daniel J. Siegel (Keynote Speaker): Clinical professor of psychiatry at UCLA School of Medicine, and Executive Director of the Mindsight Institute, who will share a few key points he wishes EVERY parent would know
- Dr. Heather Berlin: Leading neuroscientist and researcher in consciousness and in behavior disorders
- Alison D’Alessandro: Expert in child trauma from the Baltimore Child Abuse Center
- Dr. Robert Hamilton: Expert in guidance in soothing both infants and first-time parents, California-based pediatrician, and author of the book chockfull of advice, “7 Secrets of the Newborn”
- Joe Jones: Founder of The Center for Urban Families
- Shalita O’Neale: Founder of Fostering Change (who herself grew up in foster care)
- Dr. Brad Sachs: Psychologist, educator, consultant, best-selling author and founder of The Father Center
The conference is FREE but registration is required.
Logan Visionary Conference: the Art of Parenting
Sunday, March 24, 2019
1 PM – 4 PM
American Visionary Art Museum
800 Key Highway
Baltimore, MD 21230
MORE INFO | REGISTRATION
This article is sponsored by the American Visionary Art Museum. To learn more about the museum, visit their listing on our Baltimore Family Guide. Graphics provided by AVAM.