Did you know that August 10 is National S’mores Day? (Yes, there must be a national holiday for everything.) As if we really needed a reason to indulge in the marshmallow goodness.
While we were photographing kid foodie reviews for Baltimore Restaurant Week a few weeks ago, one of the fathers at the photoshoot mentioned he had coordinated a “Dad and Me” S’mores night for his community. A night for kids and dads to get out and have fun together. But, he mentioned, they really had to up their s’mores game. They had spreads of all sorts of toppings. Everyone really got into, he said.
The answer is “yes.” These strawberry lemonade s’mores are a perfect mix of tart and sweetness. Make your own lemon curd or buy pre-made for an easy sweet treat. You can of course toast the marshmallows over a campfire, but our recipe uses a toaster oven for convenience.
What’s your favorite non-traditional s’more?
Strawberry Lemonade S’mores
- 1/2 Cup of Lemon Curd
- 6 Graham Cracker Halves
- 6 Marshmallows
- 6 Strawberries
- On a baking sheet, place a sheet of parchment paper.
- Place six graham cracker halves about 1" a part.
- Top each graham cracker with a marshmallow.
- Place in toaster oven and toast on a medium setting.
- While toasting, slice strawberries lengthwise.
- Remove from toaster oven.
- Top each marshmallow with strawberry slices.
- Drizzle with lemon curd.
- Need a great lemon curd recipe? Ina Garten's is one of our team's favs! Find it here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-curd-recipe-1941910