We all know how it goes. The forecasters predict some of the fluffy stuff and suddenly you can’t find milk or bread within a 25 mile radius. Next time you’re prepping for a little snowed-in fun with the kiddos, skip the bread and opt for wonton wrappers. They make delicious mozzarella roll-ups when you wrap them around a cheese stick — a perfect snow day snack. Just dip in marinara.
Earlier this month, Whole Foods launched their “Update Your Apps” recipe book. Easy, simple ideas like mozzarella roll-ups that make delicious appetizers and simplify entertaining. (You can pick it up for free in store!) But even if you’re not throwing a party, these ideas are fun-for-the-whole-fam. What could be more yummy on a snow day than finger food?
We love their idea for salted caramel hot cider (move over, cocoa!) and crispy onion chicken strips. A little finger food picnic — dinner, done! Kid food that will please adult palates, too.
- Whole Foods 365 Crispy Onions
- Whole Foods 365 Chicken Breasts
- Whole Foods 365 Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Egg
- Organic Lime Juice
- Slice boneless, skinless chicken breasts into strips.
- Pulse crispy onions in food processor until smooth, combine with bread crumbs and set aside.
- Dredge chicken in flour with salt and pepper.
- Dip each strip in lightly beaten raw egg then dredge each strip in the onion and bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange strips on baking sheet and bake at 350 ̊F for 15-20 minutes or until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 ̊F.
- Serve with dipping sauce made from honey, lime juice, and Harissa. Adjust Harissa to taste.
about our sponsor: whole foods market baltimore
Whole Foods Market Baltimore makes it easy on area families to eat fresh, healthy meals every day. The seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Visit them online. Want more appetizer ideas? Head to Whole Foods’ Mt. Washington or Harbor East locations to get their (cool) Update Your Apps recipe booklet!
Photography by Laura Black.