Weeknight dinners don’t have to be dull. That farm-to-table approach you love for Sundays can happen any weeknight — and we’re proving it this month with our Whole Foods Wednesday Series. Each week, we’ll feature a family-friendly meal using the best of fall flavors from Whole Foods Market. We’re kicking things off with one of our favorite meals: chipotle maple glazed chicken.
Who doesn’t need to spice up their chicken game every once in a while?
Blending sweet maple syrup with chipotle gives the dish a sophisticated twist but doesn’t make it spicy enough to offend the pint-sized palate police. This dish pairs beautifully with honey garlic green beans and roasted root veggies. The whole meal comes together in under an hour — but if you’re short on time, buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken and just glaze!
Whole Foods is making it easier for the holidays, too! Order holiday meals, entrées and party must-haves (for pick up in store) November 1 through November 22 and get $10 off your next in-store purchase. Order in store OR online!
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts (skinned)
- 3 Apples (2 Green, 1 Red)
- 8 Medium Shallots
- 1/4 cup fresh Sage, chooped
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, diced
- 3 Chipotle Peppers, diced
- 1 cup Italian Dressing
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 lb Fresh Green Beans (stems removed)
- 1 Tablespoon Salted Butter
- 1 Clove Fresh Garlic (sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate Arils
- Marinate chicken breasts in a zip-lock bag with 1 cup of Italian dressing for 4-6 hours.
- Remove apple cores and slice apples into 1/2inch slices. Set aside. Quarter shallots lengthwise and add to apples. Add diced garlic.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet on med/med-high heat. Add chicken and begin to brown. You'll want to cook chicken breasts for 5-6 minutes per side. Do not disturb while cooking.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add apple and shallot mixture to hot pan. Cook on medium heat for 4-6 minutes.
- Add chicken back into pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes on low heat.
- In a separate sauce pan, combine maple syrup, chipotles, and 2 tablespoons butter. Cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Once completed, pour sauce mixture over the chicken and apples and remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve warm on the platter of your choosing.
- While chicken breasts are cooking, pour 4-6 cups of water into a medium pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add green-beans and boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain. Pour beans into desired serving dish.
- Toss green beans with honey, butter, garlic, pomegranate arils, and vinegar until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm!
about our sponsor: whole foods market baltimore
Whole Foods Market Baltimore makes it easy on area families to eat fresh, healthy meals every day. The seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture.
They’re making it easier for the holidays, too! Order holiday meals, entrées and party must-haves (for pick up in store) November 1 through November 22 and get $10 off your next in-store purchase. Order in store OR online!
Photography by Laura Black