I don’t know about you, but doing a little Sunday prep for the weeknight meals ahead helps save my sanity. Even having one dinner ‘ready to go’ eases the weekday stress.
Everyone in our family loves Italian food. These turkey and spinach lasagna roll-ups are fun for kids, easy to make AND let me hide some of that elusive green stuff my four-year-old ‘hates.’ Assemble on Sunday, throw in the fridge and bake on Monday night. Great way to ease into the work week!
This recipe feeds a crowd, so feel free to use smaller baking dishes and freeze one.
turkey lasagna roll-ups with spinach
- one package of 12 refrigerated lasagna sheets (I used Wegmans)
- one jar of your favorite tomato sauce (I used Rao’s Tomato Basil)
- one 16 oz. container of ricotta cheese
- two cups of shredded mozarella
- two cups of fresh spinach/arugula, washed and dried
- one small onion, diced
- one pound of ground turkey, browned
- three large eggs
- 1/2 cup of shredded pecorino-romano cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
how to make turkey spinach lasagna roll-ups
Preheat your oven to 375 F. In a small frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent. Toss in garlic and parsley and cook until thoroughly heated.
In a large bowl, combine onion/parsley/garlic mixture, ricotta, eggs and browned turkey. Add salt and pepper.
Add in one cup of mozarella cheese, the spinach and the pecorino -romano cheese. Stir until combined.
Boil noodles according to instructions. Run under cool water so you can easily handle them. While they are cooling, cover the bottom of a 9 by 13 baking dish with tomato sauce. You’ll use about 1/3 of the jar.
Stretch one cooked noodle on a flat surface. Spoon your ricotta mixture on to the noodle and roll from one side to the other.
Line up your rolled noodles in the backing dish, creating two rows.
Cover noodles with remaining sauce and top with last cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow a few minutes to cool before serving.