I know. You’re being inundated with back to school lunch ideas.
A friend of mine mentioned that she was trying to get her kids to be more adventurous eaters, so they were looking for recipes on the internet and trying them for dinner. It was one of those 95-degree-plus-115-percent-humidity days — and the last thing she wanted to do was cook. So they were giving rainbow veggie roll-ups a try.
What a fun idea! And perfect for back to school.
Her recipe involved ranch dressing mix, avocado, and spinach — three things that don’t fly with all of my kiddos. So we simplified it with flavored cream cheese and let the kids pick their veggies.
Easy lunch. And yes, it does pack well for school, too! (Or on-the-go-healthy dinner!)
rainbow veggie roll-ups
- Cream Cheese with Chives and Onion
- Sliced Yellow Pepper
- Diced Tomato
- Shredded Zucchini
- Shredded Carrots
- Shredded Purple Cabage
- 4 Tomato/Wheat/Flour/Spinach Tortillas
- Spread cream cheese on tortilla.
- Pile with veggies.
- Fold ends over and roll-up. (Folding the edges keeps the veggies and cream cheese from sliding out!)
- Slice in Half.
- This might be the easiest recipe ever. Just saying...