A few things floating around the internet this week — curated with Baltimore moms in mind!
in case you missed it: february 24
1.PBS is creating a new 24-hour channel dedicated solely to children’s programming. Launching most likely in Fall 2016. Will also have a 24-hour online video stream.
2. Teachers are using theater and dance to teach math — and it’s working.
3. President Obama will nominate longtime Enoch Pratt Free Library CEO Carla Hayden as Librarian of Congress. In statement posted on Facebook, Obama noted Hayden’s decision to keep Baltimore’s library open last year during the protests and riots that followed the death of Freddie Gray.
4. Waverly-based pop-up Bottoms Up Bagels (BUB) set up a small-batch bagel shop inside the Pixilated space on East Cross Street this week! Nab an egg-and-cheese breakfast/lunch sandwich and fresh-brewed Zeke’s Coffee through February 28th. There are a few fun BUB after dark events Thursday through Saturday. Check out the Baltimore Magazine article for more info.
5. Trying to get around downtown? Google Maps will now include Charm City Circulator routes.
6. Love Irvine Nature Center? Family Memberships are 50% off through Monday, February 29th!
7. Collete opened in Station North last week… and we can’t wait to try it for date night! (They don’t take reservations yet, but are hoping to have that up and running by the end of the week…)
8. What do you think about granola and greens in your oatmeal? The NY Times says maybe…
9. Baltimore dad Justin Tsucalas posts collages of his adorably messy baby… and his equally adorable toddler sleeping on his photography blog. You’ll simultaneously laugh, empathize, and get your cute kid fix.