Beginning of September means I’m back to searching for easy weeknight meals that I can get on the table while answering questions about the lifecycle of frogs, checking spelling, chasing after a newbie crawler, and kicking soccer goals through soup can goals in the kitchen.
So when I came across this one-pan recipe for rosemary lemon chicken, I knew I wanted to try it. You can literally make it with one hand (which comes in pretty handy!).
The Bug asked for seconds… and thirds. Definitely keeping this one in our dinner rotation!
- 1/4 cup rosemary-infused olive oil
- 2 lemons--zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup of pitted kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon zest and juice, mustard and garlic; season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, chicken and rosemary; season. Arrange the potato mixture and chicken in a single layer. Sprinkle olives.
- Roast, turning the potatoes once, until the potatoes are golden-brown and tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Delicious! The whole family will love it!