It’s strawberry season! Sure, they’re fabulous right off the vine, in a cake or made into healthy ice pops, but fresh berries in a cocktail is one of my favorite ways to use up berries after a market trip or berry picking. This strawberry rhubarb champagne cocktail is easy to make — and tastes just as good as mocktail made with ginger ale.
Headed to a BBQ or friend’s house for dinner? Make the strawberry rhubarb blend in advance and bring with your favorite bottle of bubbly. Mix when you get there. Easy transport. Fancy schmancy without the fuss.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup rhubarb (fresh or frozen), chopped into 1" pieces
- Agave Syrup
- 1/2 cup of water
- Sprig of basil (plus more for garnish)
- Your favorite Champagne or Prosecco
- In a saucepan, combine strawberries, rhubarb, basil, water, and Agave Syrup to taste. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, allowing mixture to thicken. About 15 minutes.
- Toss in Kitchen Aid Blender and puree until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator (I like to put it in a mason jar -- so many uses for this tasty concoction!).
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 1 part fruit blend and 1 parts champagne with ice. Shake. Pour into glass. Garnish with strawberries and more fresh basil.
- Make it a mocktail! Instead of bubbly, use ginger ale. Just as good.