Want a fun + festive treat for 4th of July (or – – really — a random Tuesday…)? These blueberry lemon pie stars are a perfect for little hands but have a sophisticated taste that’ll please adult palates, too. They go together quickly with pre-made refrigerator dough. Shh…. we won’t tell!
This recipe works well with whatever berries you have. Substitute strawberries, raspberries, blackberries — delicious.
Hand pies with a patriotic twist. Summer sweet.
- 1 Package of Refrigerator Pie Dough
- 1 cup of Fresh Blueberries
- Flour (for dusting)
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- Baking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray cookie sheet with baking spray.
- In a bowl, zest your lemon. Combine berries, sugar, cinnamon, and juice of a lemon with the zest. Set aside.
- Dust counter surface with flour. Unroll pie crust and cut out as many stars as you can with a star cookie cutter. Continue to roll dough until there is not enough left to cut any more stars. Put half of the cut out stars onto your sprayed baking street.
- Evenly spoon blueberry mixture onto each star. Top with another dough star. Using a fork, pinch the sides of each star.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until tops of stars are browned.
- Any berry will work -- use whatever you have!